Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Children's Book Week Winner: Madeline N.!

May 12 - May 16 is Children's Book Week, and David R. Godine, Publisher is celebrating literary conversations with elementary school kids. We asked students to respond to the question "Why do you love reading?" Every day this week we'll publish a winning entry. In addition to getting published by a real publisher, we'll also send each winner a free book, and they'll get to read their entry on Friday, 5/16 at Porter Square Books. Here is today's winner. Congratulations, Madeline!

Picture from Anne of Green Gables


 I like reading because it helps me to write, and writing helps me to make imaginative stories. I like to read the books by Kate Di Camillo. I have read the Mercy Watson series and Flora and Ulysses. I am reading The Miraculous Adventures of Edward Tulane. It is very funny. In Flora and Ulysses the illustrations are realistic. Ulysses is smart. With Flora’s help they will fight evil! In The Miraculous Adventures of Edward Tulane, his owner is named Abilene. She loves Edward very much. I am inspired by Ulysses and Edward to write funny stories because the characters are funny.

- Madeline N., First Grade
 

1 comment: