Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rotten Island Review

It seems that every time I check my email, someone alerts me to a new book website or blog that I hadn't encountered already, discussing or reviewing one of our books. Most recently, it was Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves, whose author reviews a children's book every day, talking about the recently reprinted Rotten Island, by William Steig. She writes, 'I'd originally steered away from Steig because at first glance I'd incorrectly assumed his work was vulgar and too quirky for kids, but the more and more I read, the more I understand that his is an art of the highest order. His humor and vision are so original and such a delight. . .' Book reviews in major publications are great, and still important, but for our children's titles nothing really beats an enthusiastic recommendation of one mom to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment