- Kevin Young reads from Book of Hours: Poems at Harvard Book Store, 7pm
- Shakespearean Open Mic upstairs at Trident Booksellers and Cafe, 7-10pm (signup starts at 6:45pm)
- Amy Chua and Jed Rubenfeld discuss The Triple Package: How Three Unlikely Traits Explain the Rise and Fall of Cultural Groups in America at Harvard Book Store, 7pm
- Dory Codington reads from Cardinal Points at Trident Booksellers and Cafe, 7pm
- Jeremy P. Bushnell reads from The Weirdness at Brookline Booksmith, 7pm
- Rebecca Goldstein talks about Plato at the Googleplex: Why Philosophy Won't Go Away at the Boston Public Library, 7pm
- Our own Linda Bamber reads from Taking What I Like at Newtonville Books, 7pm
- Rebecca Newberger Goldstein discusses Plato at the Googleplex: Why Philosophy Won't Go Away at Harvard Book Store, 7pm
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee reads from The Amazing Thing About the Way It Goes at Brookline Booksmith, 7pm
- Boston Poetry Slam weekly slam and open mic at the Cantab Lounge in Cambridge, 8 pm, featuring Jeanann Verlee from NYC.
- Dan Chiasson reads from Bicentennial: Poems, at Harvard Book Store, 7pm, co-sponsored by Mass Poetry and Woodberry Poetry Room
- Steve Almond and Christopher Castellani host a Literary Jeopardy night at Porter Square Books, benefitting 826 Boston, 7pm
- Nathalia Holt reads from Cured at Brookline Booksmith, 7pm
- Bash Reading Series curated by Black Ocean Press featuring Christina Davis, Dorothea Lasky, and Jasmine Dreame Wagner at Brookline Booksmith, 7pm
- David Sibley discusses The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition, in conversation with Christopher Leahy at Brattle Theatre, 6pm, $5
If you know of a literary event we overlooked, add it in the comments below! If you'd like to spread the word about upcoming events to be included in our weekly Literary Happenings, please e-mail us at email@example.com.