In celebration of Godine's new publication of Perec's I Remember, the office staff reflected on a few of our own I-Remember moments. Here are a few reminiscences from editorial assistant Chelsea Bingham:
- 1. I remember crushing the protrusions of plastic that stuck into the reels in the case of every VHS my family owned.
- 2. I remember reading The Lord of the Rings at sunrise through the crack of the window shade while my little sister continued to sleep in the room we shared.
- 3. I remember the late-night car ride to pick up my father after his deployment in Qatar.
- 4. I remember waiting in line at midnight for the release of the newest Harry Potter book with my best friend, multiple times, and spending the next days at school sleep-deprived after attempting to stay up as long as possible reading.
- 5. I remember celebrating outside my dorm the night Obama was elected.
Check out I Remember and other Perec titles from Godine on our website!